The 3D printing revolution and the dental sector
Hotel Leopold in Brussels, 35 Rue du Luxembourg - November 30th, 2016 from 9.00 to 13.00
The EFDD Group of the European Parliament is organizing the conference “THE 3D PRINTING REVOLUTION AND THE DENTAL SECTOR: OPPORTUNITIES, CHALLENGES AND FUTURE APPLICATIONS” on Wednesday November 30th from 9.30 to 13.00, at the Hotel Leopold in Brussels (Belgium), with the participation of the S&D Group and the patronage of AIO, representatives from the European Commission, the Council of the European Dentists (CED), the Italian Dental Association (AIO), the Federation of the European Dental Industry (FIDE) and speakers from the main 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing companies.
Registration is free but seats are limited and pre-registration is required.
Please us this link to register.
The event is co-hosted by two Members of the European Parliament from two political groups: Dario Tamburrano (EFDD) and Patrizia Toja (S&D) and is divided in two sessions.
The first institutional session focuses on “Setting the future legal framework”.
The opening remarks addressed by MEPs Dario Tamburrano and Patrizia Toja will be followed by the introductory speeches of Jerzy Buzek, President of the ITRE Committee (Industry and Research) of the European Parliament, Marco Landi, President of the Council of European Dentists (CED), Pierluigi Delogu, President of Italian Dentists (AIO) and Alessandro Gamberini, President of the Federation of the European Dental Industry (FIDE) .
On behalf of the European Commission, the speeches will be presented by:
- Colette Maloney, Head of Unit, Photonics - DG CONNECT
- Tapani Piha, Head of Unit, Cross Border healthcare, E-Health - DG SANTE
- Salvatore Sclazo, Legal Assistant, Health technology and Cosmetics Unit - DG GROW
- Jose-Lorenzo Valles, Head of Unit, Advanded Manufacturing system and biotechnologies - DG RTD
The second session, a roundtable discussion titled “Challenges and opportunities for 3D printing in the dental sector”, will be moderated by Giorgio Magistrelli – EFDD adviser for additive manufacturing. . The panel is composed by:
- Peter Mercelis, Co-founder and Director of applied technologies, 3D Systems
- Mourizio Costabeber, General Manager Medical, EOS
- Martin Bullemer, Business Development Manager Medical, EOS
- Ali Tiznali, Global Head of Healthcare and Life Sciences Strategy & Incubation 3D printing, HP
- Philip Oris, Director Business Development Medical & Dental, SLM Solutions
- Vittorio Gaudino, General Manager, Sisma
- Steffen M. Mueller, General Manager Dental Solutions, Stratasys
For further information and Media contacts: Giorgio Magistrelli -EFDD adviser for additive manufacturing